A Legendary Industrialist and Social Advocate
Legendary industrialist Henry J. Kaiser founded Kaiser Aluminum in 1946 with the lease and eventual purchase of three aluminum facilities from the United States Government. Over the ensuing decades, Kaiser Aluminum grew to become involved in virtually all aspects of the aluminum industry, including the mining and refining of bauxite into alumina, the production of primary aluminum from alumina, and the manufacture of fabricated and semi-fabricated aluminum products.
Kaiser Aluminum shed its non-strategic bauxite and alumina operations as well as most of its primary aluminum holdings. The company is now focused on developing the highest-quality fabricated aluminum products for major suppliers and manufacturers in the aerospace, general automotive, engineering and custom industrial markets.
In keeping with Henry J. Kaiser’s legacy, Kaiser Aluminum continues to be a sustaining brand, as well as a recognized leader in metallurgy and innovative, highly engineered solutions in its chosen end markets. The company remains committed to continuing its tradition of robust North American manufacturing through world-renowned expertise in aluminum processes and fabrication.